Please note: The following is provided for informational purposes ONLY and should not be cited or relied upon as legal authority.
The requirements listed below outline which documents must be filed at the time of case opening for cases under Chapter 7 Individual.
All documents listed are due at the time of case filing or within 14 (fourteen) days of the filing of the petition unless otherwise noted. Failure to timely file the required documents may result in the dismissal of the case.
- Filing fee payable by cash (correct change required), money order, certified check, or attorney's check (for non-ECF certified attorneys), OR Application for Individuals to Pay Filing Fee in Installments (Form 103A) (individual only - due at time of case filing). Please Note: ECF certified attorneys are to pay the filing fee on-line by credit card.
- Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (Form 101)
- Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information (Form 106Sum)
- Schedules A/B through J, J2 (Individual) (Form(s) 106)
- Declaration About an Individual Debtor's Schedules (Form 106Dec)
- Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (Form 107)
- Statement of Intention for Individuals Filing Under Chapter 7 (Form 108) (due within 30 days of the petition, or before the meeting of creditors, whichever is earlier)
- Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor (Form 2030) (not required for pro se debtor)
- Certificate of Credit Counseling (for each debtor) OR Certification of Exigent Circumstances OR Motion for Waiver of Credit Counseling
- Statement About Your Social Security Numbers (Form 121) (pro se individual debtor-due at tiem of case filing)
- Creditor matrix uploaded OR creditor matrix on paper (due within 7 days of case filing)
- Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income (Form 122A)
- Certification About a Financial Management Course (Form 423) (due within the applicable time limit under Bankruptcy Rule 1007(c))
- Bankruptcy Petition Preparer’s Notice, Declaration and Signature (Form 119) (only if bankruptcy petition preparer involved)
Pro Se Debtors: All documents that you file with the court will be available to the public on the Internet through PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records), EXCEPT Official Form 121 Statement About Your Social Security Numbers. CERTAIN PERSONAL DATA IDENTIFIERS SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN OR SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS TO THE COURT FOR FILING. See Bankruptcy Rule 9037 and General Order 24.
If you wish to receive by mail a file-stamped copy of any document you file, please provide an additional copy and self-addressed stamped envelope at the time of filing.